Reunited and It Feels So Good

This is about a week and a day late but we are “home”!

We had an eventful last few days in Chile filled with packing, sick kids, and lots of running around trying to figure out some last minute paperwork….like our official visa stamp that was approved the Friday before we were leaving…that’s government paperwork for you!  Some of it was unable to be done so it looks like Kipp will be making a short trip back to Chile next month to finish up a few things.  I’m a little jealous of him being back but there is no way I want to get back on an airplane for 12 hours anytime soon!

We had some trouble with our paperwork as we were leaving but Copa Airlines was so great and held the plane for our family as we literally RAN through the airport.  It was so movie worthy :)  The rest of the flights were fine and we landed in Chicago at 12:15 am and then we stood in line to show our passports and by the time we finished we were the last ones to grab our bags and go through the custom.  We had a nice chat about living overseas and where to find a 24 hour Subway.  I think we were their last bags of the night because they just waved us through and I’m pretty sure closed things down as we left.  We got some great big welcome home hugs from my sister and aunt :)

We spent a great weekend with my family meeting some nephews and a niece for the first time and getting all the cousins reacquainted with each other.  Then we switched sides and spent a few days with the other cousins playing legos, checking out the clubhouse, and having a giant sleepover.  We’ve already been to the Omaha Zoo and had bags of cheetos, go-gurts, graham crackers, goldfish crackers, cherry coke, and Mountain Dew.

We tried out our insurance state-side as the two youngest boys each needed some extra meds.  Kamden had a hypersensitive reaction to whatever virus he was fighting and ended up with a full body rash unlike any I’ve ever seen.  After a blood test to rule out any bacteria problems he ended up with a 10 day steroid.  Kallan tends to struggle with wheezing when he gets a cold and was headed towards pneumonia so he got an antibiotic and a steroid along with the breathing treatments.

What’s Next?  We don’t know.  We are still working on a new master plan but here’s what we know for now:

We are in the Des Moines area for another week so send us a message if you want to meet up.

We will be in Kalamazoo and then Alhambra (St. Louis area) in August.

Our support ends this month, July.  If you have been a monthly supporter of ours over the last two years your last payment will come out this month as well.  Thank you for all the prayers and the support.

Feel free to keep up with us on the blog as we continue to share life as we see it…..which is sure to be a mix of comedy and drama :)

This entry was posted in Updates. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply